Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tuna Casserole

For some reason Mom can't post and I can, even though she set it up. So, she asked me to post this for Miranda. I'm sure it would take all of us down memory lane. Straight from Mom's email:

Tuna Casserole

1 c dry macaroni
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4c chopped green pepper
3 Tb fat (I always used marg, but I'll write it as it was given to me:)
2 Tb flour
1 1/4 c. milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. chopped pimiento
1 7oz can tuna, flaked

Cook macaroni and drain. Cook onions and green pepper in hot fat until tender.
Add flour and blend. Add milk and cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly.
Stir in chicken soup. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 1 1/2 quart
casserole. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

I think it was supposed to have chopped almonds or bread crumbs or something on top,
but I never wrote it down.

There you go! Mmmm. Bet you can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Actually, Cream of Mushroom adds more flavor that Cr. of Chix.
    Thanks Sal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Thanks Mom/Sal! It's on the menu for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the "cream tuna on toast" recipe if anyone is interested...
    Got that little gem over the phone after we'd been married a couple months.

    ReplyDelete