Sunday, September 5, 2010

Microwave Caramel Popcorn

This should be a hit in a popcorn-eating family like ours. (That's you Katie and Dana. If you get tired of peanut butter and regular, you could try this out!) It takes under 10 minutes, and I think the kids would have fun helping shake the bag.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter (comments said you can reduce this by about half and it's still good)
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5 quarts popped popcorn

Directions:
  • Pop the popcorn in a regular popper. For five quarts, it's about a cup.
  • Put popcorn in a paper grocery bag.
  • Microwave butter, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla until it boils one minute.
  • Stir the baking soda into the caramel mixture.
  • Pour it over the popcorn in the bag, and shake it up.
  • Put the whole bag into the microwave for another 30 seconds, and shake again.
  • Spread out popcorn on wax paper to cool.
Yummy! And cheap. I was looking for a movie treat that used stuff I had around. I think this is one that I will use again and again. I forgot to take a picture. I'll take one next time and add it to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment